The accepted individual must also agree and personally believe in the Vulcan Central Church of Christ Doctrinal Statement which include the following:
- The Triune nature of God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- The sovereignty of God, in creation, revelation, redemption, and final judgement
- The divine inspiration, infallibility, and supreme authority of Holy Scripture (The Holy Bible)
- The sinfulness of human nature
- That justification is by grace alone, through faith alone, through Christ alone
- That redemption is only possible through the sacrificial death of Christ Jesus, the Incarnate Son of God
- The bodily resurrection and bodily ascension of Jesus Christ
- The indwelling presence of work of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer
- The one true universal church; the body of Christ to which all true believers belong
- The personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ
A further description of duties and accountability can be found on the Vulcan Central Church of Christ website and or upon a personal interview.
Applicants, please submit your resume with references to.
Senior Pastor Job Description
Position: Full Time Senior Pastor
Reports To: Vulcan Central Church of Christ’s Elders and Board
Effective Date: Negotiable
Job description duties include:
- Worship Leadership.
- Administration of Ordinances.
- Officiate at Weddings and Funerals of Church members.
- Teach and train volunteer leaders.
- Encourage the congregation in ministering to the needs of members and non-members.
- Maintaining Board Governance and Boundary Principles.
- Cooperate with other local churches in appropriate ecumenical efforts and witness.
- Support denomination mission work and institutions as they are an extension and expression of the church’s vision and mission.
- Supervise other members of the church staff according to staff organization.
Personal Qualifications and Gifts:
- Mature Christian character who demonstrates love for God and Church.
- Takes initiative and is able to operate independently when necessary.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal relational skills.
- Is able to connect and communicate with all generations.
Leadership duties may also include:
- Ministries at Senior’s Lodge, Communion Services, Baptisms, Baby Dedications.
- Oversee care groups, worship teams and bible study groups.
- Be able to shepherd people with spiritual needs.
- Provide spiritual care for the sick, shut-ins and seniors.
- Premarital Counseling for church members.